Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Athabasca Falls


Located approximately 30 kilometers south of the townsite of Jasper, and just west of the Icefields Parkway. A powerful, picturesque waterfall, Athabasca falls are not known so much for the height of the falls (23 meters), as it is known for its force due to the large quantity of water falling into the gorge. Even on a cold morning in the fall, when river levels tend to be at their lowest, copious amounts of water flow over the falls. The river 'falls' over a layer of hard quartzite and through the softer limestone below carving the short gorge and a number of potholes. 
Taken with 30 seconds exposure, F/8. On a cold fall day, temperature was about +1. I was not satisfied with my shot, I could have used a longer exposure time except that my remote suddenly didn't work, crap! Must be of the cold weather. Anyway, I see this is still worth posting. Enjoy! =)


No comments:

Post a Comment